I am a strong progressive who is dedicated to social justice and defending the environment.
I have a decade of experience as a political activist in Oregon championing public health and economic opportunity. I worked to get the worst junk foods out of Oregon schools, create Oregon’s Farm to School and School Garden Program, and implement an age limit on the use of e-cigarettes that will result in fewer youth smoking and vaping.
I am a fifth generation Pacific Northwesterner from a very modest background. My single parent mother worked hard to make ends meet, which taught me determination and compassion for working families.
I love Portland because of the beauty and creativity of this city. I live in the Richmond district with my two beautiful girls, aged 3 and 6, and my wonderful wife of 11 years.
Boards, Task Forces, and Alliances that I’ve Served On – Current and Past
- Board Member, Health Share of Oregon
- Advisory Committee Member, Oregon Climate Change and Health Resilience Plan
- Steering Committee Member, Oregon Health Equity Alliance
- Community Advisory Committee, Multnomah County Community Health Improvement Plan
- Portland City Club Task Force, Children’s Dental Health
- Multnomah County Steering Committee, Oregon League of Conservation Voters
- Oregon Conservation Network
- Fulbright Fellowship
- Emerging Leader Award, Oregon Public Health Association
- Policy Champion Award, Oregon Public Health Association
- Policy Determination Award, Children’s Dental Health Campaign
- Policy Champion, Coalition of Community Health Clinics